My Experience with General cellular and Neural cellular pathology in a case based blended learning ecosystem's CBBLE

 Hello Everyone

Greetings

I am Ch.Swagath, Final year MBBS student from INDIA.

I would like to share my personal experience during my General Medicine postings.

I would like to thank my professors,seniors and my colleagues who guided me through this process and helped me in understanding the importance of taking elaborate history taking and clinical examination.This helped me alot in improving my interaction skills with patients 


NOTE: THIS IS AN ONLINE E LOGBOOK TO DISCUSS OUR PATIENT'S DE-IDENTIFIED HEALTH DATA SHARED AFTER TAKING HIS/HER GUARDIAN'S SIGNED INFORMED CONSENT. HERE WE DISCUSS OUR INDIVIDUAL PATIENT'S PROBLEMS THROUGH A SERIES OF INPUTS FROM THE AVAILABLE GLOBAL ONLINE COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS INTENDING TO SOLVE THOSE CLINICAL PROBLEMS WITH COLLECTIVE CURRENT BEST EVIDENCE-BASED INPUT.


My First Encounter with Patient:

At first i was nervous to talk to patient as my communication skills are poor.But my friend stood by my side which helped me to have enough courage to talk to patient and take detailed history of the patient.

He was an 40 yr old male admitted to opd with chief complaints of altered sensorium and seizures. He was drowsy and not oriented to time, place and person.He was admitted by his wife ,who told me the history of the patient.His wife told me that he used to have recurrent seizures since his childhood and started to consume alcohol after his sister's death. she even said that he stopped drinking alcohol since his last seizures activity (10days back).Since then he started experiencing various symptoms.

Upon detailed examination and investigations he had damaged his liver to some extent and was experiencing from alcohol withdrawal symptoms.(full details in below link)


https://chitlaswagathrollno31.blogspot.com/2021/11/a-40-yr-old-male-with-altered-sensorium.html


This patient received treatment with various medicines which helped me in experiencing real life uses of various drugs than to just read the uses of drugs theoretically.

Initially when i was lacking experience in making blogs my seniors helped me with it.


Case:

Next when i was in nephro ward i came accross a 42 yr female patient who was admitted with chief complaints of shortness of breath , Vomitings and pedal edema.when i asked the patient about her history she started telling me all the details of her complaints in a random manner ,so i had to stop her and started asking her complaints in the order of sequence. So then i was able to understand the cause of her problems.

This event made me realise the importance of detailed history even the small and neglected ones that are important in finding the cause of the disease.(details mentioned in below link)


https://chitlaswagathrollno31.blogspot.com/2022/07/43-yr-old-female-patient-with-chief.html


This patient had ascites where i had real life experience with ascitic tap procedure.This was my first experience on ascitic tap which made me realise that general medicine is not just an subject that we learn theoretically but where i could gain a lot of knowledge through real life experiences which i could never forget in my life.

Thereafter i started taking cases with new mindset and i enjoyed each and every step of journey through with i learned a lot of new experiences.



Comments